Oakleaf Waste Management changes the way large companies think about garbage. An international outsourced waste management firm serving more than 90,000 locations, OAKLEAF has established itself as a leader in the solid waste industry, managing waste disposal contracts including recycling and equipment sales and rentals for large multi-location customers.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Waste Management, Inc., OAKLEAF is a unique place where you can work with people as dedicated and driven as you are. Even better, you can help contribute to a cleaner planet with a more intelligent way of managing waste. Discover a career path that means something to you and makes an impact on the world.
Oakleaf Waste Management is seeking a BI Report Specialist. The individual will analyze and evaluate business systems and end user needs, formulate information systems that parallel the corporations overall business strategies. Create reports in a fast paced environment using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services and have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within operational and financial reporting.
- Work with finance and operations department to construct a Business Intelligence capability for capturing critical operational data to automate the financial reporting process.
- Participate in the development and continuous improvement of the business intelligence and reporting repository.
- Responsible for all aspects of design, construction and development of reporting solutions that provide business users with the information to assist them in making strategic short and long term decisions.
- Define, recommend and implement solutions to stakeholder problems and requests.
- Provide day-to-day support of existing reporting applications.
- Develop analytical reports for business users using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (test, debug, validate data, optimize queries and reports).
- Attend requirement gathering sessions with internal stake holders converting requirements into usable designs and operational metrics.
- Work with the development staff to ensure transactional data is clean, consistent, and adequate to fill OAKLEAF's reporting needs.v
- Work with Project Managers to prioritize requirements.
- Perform assignments within defined timeframe and within budget.
- Provide training documentation and support as required.
- Develops enterprise-level information technology solutions by analyzing, coding, testing, and implementing new software and by modifying/enhancing existing software applications.
- May coach and mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on systems projects.
Other Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have experience with reporting and analysis tools like Microsoft Reporting Services, Crystal Enterprise/Business Objects, Cognos or Excel pivot tables.
- Must have experience with MS Office Products and relational databases and writing queries preferably for Microsoft SQL Server.
- Some experience with Multidimensional Database (MDDB/MOLAP) tools such as MS Analysis Services is a plus.
- Have a good understanding of multiple technology platforms: databases, internet, client server, middleware, etc.
- Well versed in SQL/TRAN-SQL
- Must be flexible and strong at multi-tasking.
- Posses excellent interpersonal and people skills (e.g. listening, coaching, facilitating, tact/diplomacy, employee relations, motivation, team building).
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study. Five years of previous experience required. An additional four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor's degree.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or MIS and five or more years of software development experience.
For over fifteen years, Oakleaf Waste Managment has been committed to revolutionizing the waste service industry with a first-to-market, asset-light business model and proprietary technology that facilitates efficient processing of transactions. As the nation's largest dedicated to provider of outsourced waste and recycling services, we manage a nationwide network of Oakleaf-preferred hauling, recycling and waste diversion experts providing service and solutions to the most progressive and environmentally minded companies in North America.
Oakleaf has been recognized 13 times since 2001 by Inc. Magazine, including being named four times to the Inc. 500 List (now the Inc. 5000 List) and being recognized six times by ICIC, the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package - Health Care Benefits, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Vacation, Personal Days, Stock Purchase Plan, Retirement plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more! Please note that benefits may vary by site.
To learn more about Oakleaf Waste Management or to apply for this position, please visit us at www.oakleafwaste.com or www.wmcareers.com.